What You Need to Know
- What Are Your Nonprescription Options?
- Drug-Free Sleep Aids
- Slideshow: 8 Natural Remedies That Might Help You Sleep
- Using Valerian as a Sleep Aid
- When to Try Melatonin
- Site: Sleep Better
- Who it's for: Anyone who's in the market for new pillows
- Why we like it: The Zzzz Score Pillow Test recommends Carpenter Co. products (the site's sponsor), of course, but we like how they consider six different sleep factors while they calculate the correct choice for you.
- How often do I take this sleep aid?Why this is important: Over-the-counter sleep aids are recommended for only short-term or occasional use. If you find that you're taking one every night for an extended time, however, you should talk to your doctor about prescription medication or another long-term solution.
Wine before bed, and other saboteurs
( 1:00 )
Strategies proven better than drugs
( :23 )
Work through your anxieties on paper
( 1:01 )
"Only go to bed when you feel sleepy"
( :52 )