Monitoring Your Blood Sugar
What You Need to Know
- Why You Should Monitor Your Blood Sugar at Home
- 5 Things a Blood-Sugar Test Can Do For You
- How to Choose a Blood Glucose Monitor
- 5 Factors That Affect How Often You Need to Test Your Blood Sugar
A: Yes, they certainly can. Lotions, creams, and other substances on your hands can cause your meter to give an inaccurate reading. Even handling a sandwich can leave glucose on your fingertips, which would provide an abnormally high reading when you draw blood from your finger. Read More
- Site: Blood Sugar 101
- Who it's for: People looking for detailed information on blood sugar
- Why we like it: Janet Ruhl, who has type 2 diabetes, answers basic questions about blood sugar and offers useful tips on getting blood sugar levels under control.
"This may save your life"
( 1:32 )
"It's nothing to fear"
( :37 )
"It's a really key test"
( 1:35 )
I test morning, evening, and before meals
( :34 )