6 Tips for a Happy Life
- Splurge a little. "I'm really not about deprivation. If I want a piece of pie, I mean, come onyou have to enjoy life! Especially if you have kids. I usually keep Sunday for whatever-you-want-to-eat day."
- Work out. "Especially cardio and yoga. It's a big part of my recipe for happiness."
- Dance it off. "My mom used that as a tool to work herself out of a bad mood. I remember dancing around the house to 'We Are Family.' I'm introducing the girls to the Beatles and Stevie Wonder. We have a little disco ball in our living room; we love our dance parties."
- Live like you're on vacation. "The Hotel Costes in Paris is the best-smelling hotel. So I just bought their candles. But I have to wait until Jerry is not in the house, because he has a fear of fireanytime he sees a candle burning in our house, he blows it out! I'm always lighting them, and he's always blowing them out."
- Park it in a sunny spot. "My dad, in his adorable Dutch accent, has always said, 'Sometimes you just have to sit and stare at your belly button.' I think it's an important part of everybody's day. Park it! It's very calming. I do it in a sunny spot. And usually one or more of the two dogs and two cats wants to sit there with me!"
- Don't forget sex. "That's all I'm gonna say!"
Prep skin: "I just put on eye cream, a bit of moisturizing gel, and sunscreen." Add lip gloss: "I like O-Gloss by Smashbox. It comes out clear, but it turns a shade of pink based on your skin." Play up lashes: "I use two mascaras. You know that Kiss Me stuff [now called Blinc]? It coats your lashes; I use it on the bottom, then MAC on top, and cover with Kiss Me to keep from smudging. That's my recipe for not looking like a raccoon!"
A hydrating summer cocktail: The CocoOco
"Our house cocktail is something that's based on the mocktail I made when I was pregnant. It's the most delicious lemonade ever! And in the heat, it's the best thing you can drink, because it's hydrating you with the electrolytes in the water."
1 glass of coconut water + one-half to 1 full lemon squeezed into it + [optional for parties] 1 shot of vodka