Thats the percentage of carbs that should be in your diet if you really want to stick to your plan and reach your ideal body weight, says a new Canadian study.
- Help Us Reach Our Feel Great Weight
- Slim-O-Matic: How to Get a Flat Belly
- How One Woman Found a Workout She Loves and Lost 125 lbs
250 calories gone!
Youll eat that many fewer calories if you dine with a man instead of chowing down with a group of your female friends, a new study says. Women eating together ate almost 800 calories each; a woman eating with a man had about 550.
Microblogging can power up your weight loss. TweetYourEats.com categorizes the foods you eat and tracks and tallies your calories. Create an online food diary at TweetWhatYouEat.com, then send direct messages to @TWYE to log calories. Get group weight-loss support at Tweetworks.com.
You eat when youre bored? Next time, sniff coffee beans insteada sneaky way to slow down your urge to snack, from psychologist and mindfulness expert Susan Albers, PsyD, author of the new 50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food (New Harbinger Publications; $16.95).
Thats how much water you should drink before each meal to lose an additional 4 1/2 pounds every three months when youre dieting, according to a new study in Obesity. Makes sense: Researchers think you eat less because the water makes you feel full.
... will burn off the 300 calories in your morning bagel.
Omega-3 fats can help your body burn more calories and trigger hormones in your tummy that help you feel full longer, Australian researchers say. Get yours the yummy way:
- Purslane: Make a big salad with these tasty greens; they have more omega-3s than any other leafy green.
- Flaxseed: Grind up flaxseed (below) and sprinkle it on your yogurt or cereal.
- Scallops: Pan-sear or broil scallops for omega-3s from the sea. Pacific halibut and wild Alaskan salmon are good choices, too.