Who can resist the sweet, smooth, buttery taste of butterscotch? Not me, which is why this recipe for Butterscotch Chip Cookies might be my new favorite (healthy-ish) dessert.
Instead of refined flour and white sugar, these cookies are made with gluten-free almond flour and naturally sweet coconut oil and maple syrup. The packaged, store-bought butterscotch morsels, however, aren't the most nutritious ingredient, but they sure taste delicious and are worth every calorie when it comes to a splurge. I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I do!
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butterscotch morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and flatten with hand on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until cookies start to lightly brown on edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.
Makes 18 cookies
Read Tina’s daily food and fitness blog, Carrots ‘N’ Cake.