Nail the right shade for your skin tone with this handy cheat sheet.
If your skin has a warm cast: Go for the gold
"Golden hues enhance yellow undertones, giving hands a warm glow and more youthful look," says New York City celeb manicurist Jin Soon Choi. (First row, left to right.)
1. Pearl power—YSL La Laque Couture in Doré Orfévre, $27; neimanmarcus.com.
2. Festive flecks—Nails Inc Special Effects in Belgrave Square, $15; amazon.com.
3. Luxe lacquer—OPI in OPI with a Nice Finn-ish, $10; ulta.com.
4. Subtle shimmer—Deborah Lippmann in Autumn in New York, $20; sephora.com.
5. 14k cool—Julep Color Treat in Mahima, $14; amazon.com.
If your skin has a cool cast: Stick with silver
"The blue hues in silver shades counteract pink undertones, creating a flattering contrast that brightens your skin," Choi notes. (Second row, left to right.)
6. Cosmic color—Smith & Cult in Bang the Dream, $18; smithandcult.com.
7. Steel appeal—Nars in Amarapura, $20; neimanmarcus.com.
8. Frosted finish—Essie in Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low, $9; nordstrom.com.
9. Precious metal—JinSoon in Mica, $18; nordstrom.com.
10. Sparkle on—Sally Hansen Big Glitter in Costume Glitters, $6; at mass retailers.